The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Jerusalem serving children with disabilities in the field of rehabilitation and education, and is recruiting for the following position:
General Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy, plan of action, and communications budget for the organization.
- Advice and support partner organizations on communication guidelines to maximize impact, minimize brand risk, and support the projects’ and partners’ advocacy and communication objectives.
- Work with staff and partner staff to plan and develop communications and campaigns’ materials in print, audio visual, and electronic to achieve advocacy and awareness raising objectives of projects.
- Support program team in proposal writing and reporting to donor as specified by line manager.
- Collect stories and document impact of projects to increase visibility, support in fundraising, raise awareness, and advocate for change.
- Responsible for developing and updating the website to raise awareness on rights of children with disabilities. Also to provide information on the organization’s work and the impact of that.
- Responsible for planning and production of new audio-visual and printed publications (including content) and ensure that the materials follow the organization’s brand guidelines, sign-off procedures and checklists for publications, including publishing agreements.
- Review proposed and ongoing communication activities, publications, and relationships related to the projects to assess potential brand and organizational risks and alert line manager of these.
- Liaise and coordinate work, information sharing, and exchange of best practice and learning with the different teams inside the organization and with partners.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media, pitch stories as appropriate, write press releases, and respond to (refer) media requests as needed. Also, encourage and support partner organizations to facilitate media related activities.
- Monitor coverage of key related issues regarding children with disability in local, regional and international media.
- Strengthen the capacity of internal staff and partner staff on advocacy, media and communication, including regular media training of relevant spokespersons.
- Carry out additional tasks upon decision by line manager within the limits of the character of the post.
- At least 2 years of communication and media / public relations work experience.
- Work experience and training on children’s rights, rights of people with disabilities and communications.
- University degree in journalism or information/communications or related field.
- Sound knowledge of publishing, design and printing process and related information and communications technologies.
- English and Arabic are essential (and other relevant language), both in speech and writing.
- Ability to work in a team, both as leader and participant. Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage different and multiple tasks and to deliver in a short period of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Interested candidates are requested to send a covering letter and CV by email only to:
indicating the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
The deadline for application is 20/11/2016. Applications received after the above-mentioned date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً