Representative Office of Japan to the Palestinian Authority
Representative Office of Japan to the PA in Ramallah (RoJ) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position for
Field Coordinator for GRANT ASSISTANCE FOR GRASSROOTS AND HUMAN SECURITY PROJECTS
(GGP) in Gaza.
Please visit the link to know more about GGP http://www.ps.emb-japan.go.jp/GGP.htm
The GGP Field Coordinator is an integral part of GGP team at the RoJ and provides administrative support to the
team. Working closely with the prospective recipient organizations, the GGP Field Coordinator will perform the
following core responsibilities:
- Assist the team with evaluating prospective projects’ proposals through field visits, surveys, interviews,
and other submitted documents.
- Assist the team with formulating the successful project through investigations, obtaining required data and
information from prospective recipient organization.
Monitoring and Follow-up of Projects Funded (ongoing and past projects):
- Monitor and facilitate the projects under implementation, including status of procurement, construction,
and their documentation in coordination with recipient organizations.
- Evaluate the impact of the project, ensure the completion of the projects, and assist the recipient
organizations in organizing the handover ceremonies.
- Follow-up projects implemented in the past, including report on utilization and management of the facilities
and equipment, and long-term impact of the projects.
- Serve as the primary staff to administrate office duties related to project monitoring, and follow-up,
including correspondence to inquiries on a daily basis.
- Assist prospective organizations to formulate their proposals.
- Regularly update project reports and other required documents as requested.
- Translate documents related to the projects between Arabic and English.
- Other tasks as assigned by the GGP team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Successful candidates will also have the ability to:
- Maintain a high level of quality in terms of work product and output.
- Employ strong organizational and time management skills, organize, prioritize, and complete assignments
in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Frequently work on several tasks at the same time with competing deadlines; remain flexible, responsive,
and shift gears quickly.
- Clearly, articulately, and effectively communicate in both oral and written form with co-workers and
(prospective) recipient organizations.
- Work in a harmonious manner, in a team environment, and interact in a cooperative and professional
manner with supervisors, co-workers, and (prospective) recipient organizations, venders, contractors,
government officials, and the public.
- Analyze information, evaluate options, and to think and plan strategically.
All candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in relevant social work, development, civil engineering is a plus or any
other related field of study.
- Very Good Command in both English and Arabic, for oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in MS office is required and basic accounting skill is preferable
- Minimum of two year experience in a related field is preferable.
- Experiences with international organizations are preferable.
- Intellectual curiosity and proven ability to work in capacity building.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- The position is based in Gaza office and requires frequent visits (2-4 days a week) to the projects sites
in all Governorates in Gaza depending on the situations and as requested by the direct supervisor.
- The applicant will be using his/her car and mobile.
- This is a financial year contract position with the possibility of extension (at most up to third year). The
first term of contract will be from 1st February, 2017 to 31st March, 2017.
- The payment terms will be negotiated based on the candidates’ qualifications and experience once the
candidate is invited for an interview. There will be no medical insurance, social insurance, or transport
allowance provided additional to the monthly rewards.
Please include your Full name and ID Number.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a covering letter with your CV written in English to the email:
Closing date of
the application is on November 18, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً