* الأعداد تشمل القدس
عدد الحالات الحرجة
Oxfam is an international confederation of 19 organizations networked together in more than
90 countries as part of a global movement for change. We aim to empower people to create a
future that is secure, just, and free from poverty. Oxfam has been present in the Occupied
Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) since the 1950s, and established a country office in the
1980s. We work with the most vulnerable communities in the OPT.
Oxfam invites applications from experienced candidates with strong analytical skills and conceptual depth for the following position:
Influencing Capacity Building Officer
32 hrs per week (80%), for one year
Estimated starting date: ASAP
Based in Jerusalem
Purpose of the function:
Designing and implementing Oxfams influencing work in OPTI, by strengthening local civil
society and Oxfam staff capacity using a range of techniques using training, capacity building,
research, policy development, media, , convening and alliance building so that more poor,
vulnerable, and marginalized Palestinian women and men are protected and advance their
rights to greater and more gender equitable control over their lives and resources in
accordance with international law.
The role also will undertake research and analysis of current developments in OPTI to help
ensuring Oxfam advocacy work is accurate and balanced.
The Influencing Capacity Building Officer reports directly to the OIT Associate Country
Director, with matrix management by the Policy Lead.
Main tasks of the function:
- Keep Oxfams civil society (CS) partners informed about Oxfams advocacy and
- To support CS organizations to ensure they are aware of opportunities for engagement,
have appropriate analysis of the positions of the various actors and to support them to
develop their strategies for engaging at the European level.
- Provide advocacy support to partners, identify training/ capacity support needs and
appropriate resources and processes to meet these needs. This will include coordinating
training where appropriate, sharing of information and facilitating information sharing
by other key actors.
- Coordinate advocacy visits for partners to in collaboration with Oxfams Europe based
- Develop relations with both allies and targets
- Undertake analysis of the positions of key stakeholders including state parties and
facilitate engagement by civil society organizations with them. .
- Widen and deepen outreach to broader civil society beyond current partners and allies, to
those best positioned to influence on the priority issues.
- Improving the coordination of advocacy activities
- Undertake a regular and comprehensive analysis of news, other actions and statements in
order to improve information and analysis, but also enable more accurate identification
- Support civil society space initiatives that may be necessary to enable our partners to
- Support in the strategic identification of civil society partners in line with the Oxfam
Country Strategy for OPTI.
- Manage a budget to support advocacy by CS partners, in line with the objectives in the
OPTI strategy, with a specific focus on the Saving Lives objectives and in line with the
- Completed a University degree in political science, journalism, law, human rights, or
development. Advanced degree is an advantage.
- 3-5 years proven work experience in policy analysis, advocacy, communications, or a
related field with solid skills and competencies in administration and organization.
- Experience in capacity building of civil society organizations on advocacy and policy
through various methods training, coaching etc.
- Relevant working experience on key issues in the Israeli-Palestinian context.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English.
- Fluent in written and spoken Hebrew
- Knowledge of international law and human rights issues would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills, ability to work in a team
- Results-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Arabic language skills highly desirable.
- Ability to think creatively
- Experience in representing organizations and lobbying officials
- Good understanding of gender mainstreaming in lobby, advocacy and media work
- Risk management skills - Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions.
- Drive to achieve results
- Effective member of team and role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better
ways to do things and shares with team, and promotes high standards.
- Takes responsibility for own work and delegated project/processes (including some
- Successfully manages conflicting priorities, Demonstrates developed communications
- Excellent knowledge of area of work and increasingly contribute to team planning
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam Novib according to Israeli labour legislation with
a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our
donors. Salary range ILS 126,309 189,463 gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract pro rata
for this 80% position. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Are you interested? Send your application (motivation letter & curriculum vitae) in writing
and mentioning the job title in the subject line to
attention of Nicola Bay, Associate Country Director, no later than 31th May 2016. Please
note that only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً