* الأعداد تشمل القدس
عدد الحالات الحرجة
Application Type : Internal UNDP
Job ID/Title : 902 - Programme Analyst
Category : Governance and Poverty Reduction
Brand : UNDP
Application Deadline : 12-Aug-16
Duty Station : Jerusalem
Duration of Initial Contract : One year
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978. Called upon by United Nations Member States in that year, UNDP was requested “to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end”.
UNDP/PAPP is a responsive development agency that works together with the Palestinian people to fulfil their aspiration for sustainable human development based on self-determination, equality and freedom. Despite its complex and evolving system of operation, UNDP/PAPP has proven to be an efficient mechanism for delivering development assistance to the Palestinian people and has been welcomed by donors as a means of providing them with transparency and financial accountability. In 2015 alone, UNDP/PAPP delivered over USD 115 million in development assistance to the Palestinian people. Through its governance portfolio, UNDP/PAPP provides technical assistance and support for capacity development within national institutions, the justice sector and rule of law, and local governance through enhancing social cohesion and national unity. The governance programmes support a strengthening of the social contract between the PA and the Palestinian society by helping Palestinian institutions become more accountable and professional and by supporting a vibrant, inclusive, trust-based relationship between the emerging national institutions and Palestinian citizenry, including its civil society. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Governance Unit Team Leader, the Programme Analyst is responsible for providing support to the management of UNDP programmes within the Governance Unit. The Programme Analyst contributes to formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities. The incumbent will also contribute towards efforts ensuring proper management of the Governance and social development portfolio.
The Programme Analyst supervises and leads programme support staff and coordinates activities of projects placed under his/her supervision. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the programme teams, operations team, other UN Agencies, UNDP HQ staff and government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNDP programme implementation. The incumbent will advise on public policies trends, and relevant linkages to UNDP programmes. He / She will provide analysis for formulation of strategies and briefings to senior management, maintain a network with colleagues from UNDP, UN Agencies, multilateral and bi-lateral donors, government officials and civil society.
Description of Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following tasks and functions:
- Support to the management of the Governance portfolio;
- Contribute to creating strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy ;
- Provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management;
- Grants management of the Governance portfolio.
Supports effective management of the Governance portfolio within the thematic/sectorial areas assigned focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of programmes, achieving the following results:
-Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s mandate into local public policies and interventions;
- Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies and partners. Introduction of performance indicators/success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones;
- Initiation of projects, presentation of the projects to PAC, managing projects into Atlas, finalization of contribution agreements; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Analyst can perform functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects;
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NEX projects. Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported;
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports;
- Monitor the projects and activity results against those planned, together with the cost of achieving those results;
- Work with the M&E teams to implement a M&E action plan;
- Ensure that the project management module in ATLAS is updated on a quarterly basis;
- Participation in the audit exercises.
Contributes to create strategic partnerships and to the implementation of the resource mobilization strategy for the Governance portfolio, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
Ensures provision of top quality advisory services related to the Governance Unit portfolio and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice with particular attention to best practices published in social networks, etc.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
Oversees the management of the grants within the Governance portfolio, in coordination with the grant managers or cluster managers for each programme. This position will be focused on quality control to achieve the following results:
- To follow up the operational management of the grant
– plan, initiate and manage Programme activities
- in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Coordinate with Management support unit
- MSU within the area of responsibility;
- Acts as a HACT focal point for the Governance unit;
- Coordination with the grants managers regarding the implementation of the agreements with the CSOs and other partner organizations;
- Focal point for the Grants Management within the Governance Unit; - Undertake other duties as requested by the direct supervisor.
Impact of Results The key results have an impact on the success of the Governance portfolio, particularly consolidating the activities pertaining to national unity, reconciliation, promotion of dialogue and citizenship. The position will have a specific impact on the design, operation and programming of activities, creation of strategic partnership as well as reaching resource mobilization targets in line with the country programme.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
- Gathers and analyses feedback from staff Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.2: Basic monitoring
- Gathers, analyses and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems. Core Competencies: - Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Arabic languages
“UNDP/PAPP is an equal opportunity employer: applications from both internal and external men and women will be considered equally” UNDP actively supports the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities adopted by the United Nations General Assembly Important message to all applicants!
- Please be aware that the UNDP/PAPP will review your application only if you have uploaded Personal History Form (P.11) to your application.
- You will get the opportunity to upload the P-11 at when you apply for the position.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted.
- For more detailed information about UNDP/PAPP please visit our website at www.undp.ps.
"Those who are holding FTA and permanents contracts can apply"
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً