United Nations Relief and Works Agency For Palestine Refugees - West Bank
WEST BANK VACANCY NOTICE VN/WB/024/2016/X
POSITION TITLE : Chief, Field Health Programme
Grade : 20
DUTY STATION : Field Office Jerusalem
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION : Health
PLACE IN THE ORGANIZATION:
The incumbent reports to the Director of UNRWA Affairs or Operations. This reporting line is realized through the Deputy Director of UNRWA Affairs or Operations (Programmes), who has authority for day-to-day supervision of programmes in the Field of operation. The Director of Health (HQ) Amman is responsible for ensuring the achievement of professional, policy and technical standards in line with the strategic direction of the programme. To realize this, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring consultation with and approval of the Programme Director on significant programmatic matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
-Directs and supervises the Agency’s Health Programme in the Field to ensure that medical care services, disease prevention and control, family health, mental health, oral health, laboratory, pharmaceutical, physical rehabilitation, hospital services and health information system are in line with the family health team approach.
-Establishes and maintains a positive and dynamic relationship with the host government and non-governmental health and UN institutions on health matters in order to ensure a healthy and safe environment for UNRWA’s stakeholders; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients and other stakeholders by gaining trust and respect.
-Ensures smooth and continuous flow of UNRWA health services and programmes in the Field within prescribed time, cost and quality standards through effective administrative of matters pertaining personnel, budget and expenditure control.
-Directs multi-sector activities with the other departments in the Fields to ensure activities are correlated efficiently while actively seeking to improve services and programmes.
-Ensures coordination with local and international universities on health-related training activities to maintain continuous improvements on the health services provided by UNRWA and to ensure best practices and ongoing innovation in its health programme.
-Oversees the implementation of health projects in coordination with the Field Infrastructure and Camp improvement Programme and project management with the External Relations and Communications Department.
-Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
-A University degree in medicine from a recognized university.
-Post-graduate degree in public health.
- At least ten years professional working experience in public health systems of which five years should have been in a senior managerial position within a complex public health system managing delivery of a broad range of medical services to a large diverse population;
- Prior experience with networking and establishing strategic partnerships at a high political level. Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Communication: Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and listening skills; ability to present data and information in a clear and constructive way; excellent ability to network at a senior political level with the host country and external stakeholders and donors.
- Leadership: Ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks and proposes relevant actions in response to the changing environment; serves as a role model that others want to follow and empowers staff to translate vision into results.
Management: Manages in deliberate and predictable way as part of promoting and maintaining a conducive team environment while providing support to subordinates. Very good supervisory skills, monitoring team progress against milestones and deadlines, regularly discussing performance, and providing feedback and coaching to staff members. Strong financial management skills that ensure accountability against the department budget and programme objectives.
- Ethics: Acts in accordance with the profession’s ethics and values; respects and promotes individual and cultural differences.
- Innovation: Explores and creates opportunities through initiative and innovation; transfers knowledge and takes initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound judgments.
A degree in Family Medicine Specialty.
- The incumbent may be required to travel frequently in the Agency‘s area of operations and occasionally travel internationally as part of partnering activities;
- Possession of a valid driving license is required.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience may also be considered, should less than two qualified candidates are found.
-Applicants are required to create a pro le and complete UN Personal History form (P11) at
Deadline for submitting applications is 10 August 2016. No applications will be considered beyond this date.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً