The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre is a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Jerusalem working on the empowerment of children with disabilities and their families in their communities through physical rehabilitation and inclusive education. JPBC is recruiting for the position of:
Support Services Director
Duty station: The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Probation period: 3 months
Line manager: General Director
Starting Date: 1st December 2017
To promote and support the Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre (JPBC) and its partner organizations in creating better lives for children with disabilities, in cooperation with different stakeholders including local authorities, civil society, private and health sectors, partners and donors.
Areas of responsibility:
The SSD will ensure a smooth functioning, well-managed and results-oriented operation and will facilitate programs’ implementation and delivery by providing operational support to the different departments managed at JPBC. This includes strategic planning for identification of needs and priorities, and management of the Support Services’ different units; according to the instructions and guidelines set by the line manager. The SSD will also ensure that internal policies, regulations and procedures for support services are up to date and fully implemented.
The Support Services Director also has the following areas of responsibility:
- The SSD is responsible for the day-to-day management of operations; ensuring smooth functioning, well-managed and results-oriented operation
- Serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, and providing operational support to the General Director and heads of departments
- Overseeing operational and staffing requirements for the organization and its component programs and projects by participating in review meetings and assessing the managerial and operational needs of departments
- Supervising the following units: administration (including HR, Procurement and IT), security, maintenance, housekeeping and kitchen.
- Ensuring that proper systems are in place and proper monitoring is ensured for: safety and security, maintenance and construction, administration, IT, HR, housekeeping and kitchen
- Managing travel, logistics and premises; establishment of work plans, and monitoring the achievement of results.
- Analyzing operational aspects of departments and projects in terms of personnel, equipment, subcontracts, procurement, training, etc.
- Supervising and monitoring implementation of corporate, procurement, and HR policies and systems, and ensuring adequate training of staff on these issues.
- In cooperation with the Finance Director; ensuring strategic and efficient management of financial resources while exercising proper financial controls and adherence to corporate financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintaining optimal staffing of the departments and projects through timely provision and training of human resources (HR) applying HR tools and mechanisms and advising on appropriate contractual modalities.
- Maintaining oversight of the timely provision of goods and services for the organization and projects following established corporate procedures regarding sub-contract review and awarding of contracts, evaluating cost effectiveness and managing the negotiations in connection with eventual agreements
- Managing the organization’s assets and liabilities and ensuring proper inventory control
- Supervising administrative staff and ensuring established procedures are being followed
- Establishing and maintaining a harmonious working environment; seeking to strengthen team-building by encouraging active participation and interaction at all levels; fostering staff development and empowerment.
- Advanced degree in business administration, public administration, finance, human resources, or a related field
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, finance or operations management.
- Thorough knowledge HR management policies, financial rules and regulations and procurement
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- English and Arabic are essential both in speech and writing. (Hebrew is a plus).
- Ability to work in a team, both as leader and participant. Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage different and multiple tasks and to deliver in a short period of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Interested candidates are requested to send a covering letter attached to their CV by email to:
indicating the title of the in the email subject line.
Deadline to submit your applications until November 2nd 2017. Applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note for those who submitted their CVs for the first time, cannot apply again.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً