Position: Accounting & Human Resources Assistant
Responsible to: Support Services Manager
Closing date: 4th November 2017
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Under the direct supervision of the Support Services Manager, the Accounting & Human Resources Assistant will assist in the administrative, human resources, financial and daily management of the office.
Main tasks will include:
Responsibility 1: ASSIST IN THE FOLLOW UP OF FINANCIAL RECOURSES
Aim: Ensure efficiency in availability of funds to implement forecasted activities/expenses and accounting reports produced on timely manner in line with HI procedures and the applicable local framework.
Benchmarks: quality of forecasts and respect for deadlines; quality of management and control of cash-flow; compliance with organizational frameworks defined by the association, cash count discrepancies. quality of accounting deliverables, respect of deadlines for sending accounts to coordination office, quality of period-end closing operations; compliance with the organizations internal frameworks
- Management of the cashboxes (balance checks and security instructions; withdraw money in conformity with security rules.
- Manage safes, cash boxes and banks, in adherence to the expenditure commitment processes (invoice settlement, internal transfers, monitor advances, ensure cash box inventories and bank account reconciliations, etc.)
- Manage all the advance chain: opening and closing of the advances, balances at the closure, validation of the expenses by the budget manager.
- Pay all the expenses committed by Gaza projects; via cash, bank transfer or cheque, after reviewing the annexed support documents for each transaction & ensure the validation of the payments by budgets holders.
- Follow up the family allowance & perdiem guide for expatriates staff.
- Carry out physical checks of safes and cash-boxes on a daily basis.
Ensure that the frame for commitment of expenditures is respected
- Ensure the full respect of the procedures for the commitment of expenditure at all stages and for all staff concerned in the site (visa of authorized staff member, commitment ceiling, methods and terms of payment), conform to procedures for logistical purchases.
- Support the line manager to check the eligibility of PSR, contracts, bid analysis, purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes and payment stamps.
- Coordinate with the logistic teams to ensure all logistic process done before proceeding in any payment.
- Ensure the accountancy cash & bank up-to-date bookkeeping at Gaza office: translate invoices, prepare payment stamps, ensure GAP allocation and record entries in ledger books and NAV on a daily bases based on valid payment authorization form.
- Ensure the validity and conformity of expenditure supporting documents (contracts, orders, invoices, delivery orders, etc). Enter accounting codes on payment authorization form
- Prepare all the monthly verification tables for the line manager verification: Monthly cash flow verification table, cashbox control, bank reconciliations, ledger books, individual advances journal and payable and receivable account journal, internal transfers with and without changes.
- Support in annual mid-term and final closure requirements in compliance with the closure guides & deadlines received from the coordination office.
- Support in the preparation of audit requirements mainly preparation the supporting documents as per line manager request.
- Photocopy & scanning on monthly basis the accounting documents & keep copies of monthly accountancy in Gaza.
Partners Financial follow up
- Centralization and proper filing of all the site partnership agreements, amendment, and annexes.
- Update the site partners database.
- Check the eligibility of invoices of the partners & grantees and prepare feedbacks when needed.
- Check the validation of all financial pieces & transfer requests by the concerned budget holders before registration.
- Assist in conducting the monthly & quarterly financial audits on the partner accounts.
- Support in the partners & grants financial closure.
Responsibility 2: ASSIST IN THE ADMINISTRATIVE FOLLOW UP OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Aim: Ensure that national staff files are complete and staff information is followed-up.
Benchmarks: Conformity with legal provisions and internal procedures, adherence to deadlines, & quality of archiving and ability to access the documents easily.
Administrative management of employee:
- Responsible for the proper filing of all HR documents (Staff contracts, internal regulations, Terms of engagement, leaves requests..etc).
Administrative follow-up of all staff on Palestine level:
- Update the leaves and recovery follow up database + sharing with line manager.
- Ensure with the Admin & HR Officer the archiving of national staff paid leaves, sick leaves; recovery time is respected on the site (documents filled, validation of the concerned persons).
- Pay the family allowance and per diem for the expatriate staff
Responsibility 3: ADMINISTRATIVE ORGANIZATION AND AN OPERATING FRAMEWORK
Aim : To provide the teams with comfortable working premises and preventing risk
Benchmark: The conformability of the work premises, quality of its organization, responsiveness to the pickup the calls, contact lists up-to-date.
Organization and follow up of premises
- Assist in organizing the working space
- Answer Gaza office landline and distribute the faxes to the concerned persons
- Update the site contact list and send it to the coordination office on monthly basis.
Commercial contracts, rent/lease contracts/ consultancies
- Follow up payment of suppliers, rent/leasing contracts, and service provision contracts.
- Ensure that all the necessary contractual documents existing are consequently archived.
OTHER TASKS REQUIRED:
- Assist line manager in any duties as can be requested as per the need.
- Take the Minutes of Meeting as per line manager request.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Degree in Accounting or any other relevant social sciences related to field of the work
Reporting skills and data entry management
Previous work experience at least 2 years and preferable with I/NGO
Familiarity with the accounting and HR concepts and standard knowledge.
Ability to work with Partners, DPOs and Suppliers
Excellent level in English & Arabic.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Good Organizational skills / Proactive.
Attention to Detail
Ability to maintain confidentiality in area of job
Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
Autonomous in using the basic functionalities of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Initial contract will be for a period of one year and the position is based in Gaza.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to reach on or before the 4th of November 2017 to
indicating your full name and the job title (Accounting & Human Resources Assistant Gaza) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short listed will be contacted
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً