Catholic Relief Services
Jerusalem, West Bank & Gaza (JWBG)
Catholic Relief Services is an international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in the Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza since 1961. The CRS JWBG country program currently supports development/relief programs and activities in the sectors of civil society, humanitarian assistance, youth development, education, and peace & justice. In Gaza, CRS’ primary focus is humanitarian assistance. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org
Position Title: Assistant Project Officer (Livelihood-BNF selection)
Location: Gaza Office
Reports To: Senior Project Officer
CRS JWBG is seeking an Assistant Project Officer (APO) for a 5-year, USAID funded project to work closely with CRS’ implementing partners in support to the following specific areas:
- Cash-for-work: 3-month work opportunities in private sector, agriculture, community infrastructure improvement, and other areas.
- Cash-for-internship and cash-for-apprenticeship: 6-month paid internship or apprenticeship activities for Gazan youth who have graduated from university or vocational training
Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Project Officer, the APO will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and implementation of beneficiaries’ selection process, including organizing interviews and skill tests between employers and candidate workers, interns and apprentices, in addition to documenting and reporting interviews and its results.
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of project activities with consortium of partners.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor job interviews between potential beneficiaries and employers.
- Organize skills tests between employers and candidates.
- Prepare job interview report
- Conduct regular project monitoring to ensure quality of activities & identify any challenges or delays
- Support partners and staff to solve any problems, challenges, or delays in programming,
- Proactively share feedback on project progress and challenges with Project Officer and senior management
- Share project monitoring data in a timely manner
- Meet project deadlines
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to complete the application form and submit their CV and a cover letter that directly addresses the positions requirements on line at
no later than September 20, 2017.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً