Position Title : Business Development Assistant
Position Type : Regular Employment -Full Time
Location : Gaza Office
Duration : One Year with possibility of extension
Department : Business Development
Mercy Corps has been present in West Bank/Gaza since the 1980s, helping Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza to work toward building a more peaceful and hopeful future. Mercy Corps is running programs which respond to humanitarian, recovery and development needs in Gaza through, cash-for work, psychosocial, education and youth & technology development programs funded by range of EU, US and other private donors.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:-
Mercy Corps implements multiple programs for the benefit of Palestinian people living in Gaza strip, West Bank and Jerusalem. This position will support Mercy Corps’ Office in Gaza Strip to implement Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) Development pilot project. The main objective of the project is sustaining and increasing employment in promising productive sectors in Gaza Strip.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:-
- Work closely with the program manager to conduct economic appraisal of sectors and select sectors with high growth potential.
- Provide assistance in the economic/financial appraisal of applications/proposals to the matching grant fund and the shortlisting exercise including assessment field visits.
- Asses investment opportunities in micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) for developmental and commercial viability and assist in establishing a pipeline of job-focused private sector investment projects.
- Conduct field and monitoring visits to benefiting MSMEs to ensure their adherence with the terms and conditions of the assistance.
- Provide technical guidance for participating MSMEs and ensure feasibility. This includes undertaking the necessary due diligence, financial modeling, risk and cost-benefit analysis to substantiate the potential value of private sector investments.
- Be able to pinpoint value chain growth opportunities that can lead to development impact.
- Work closely with the MEL team to prepare and maintain monitoring plans and results measurement for interventions, including collection of data.
- Prepare purchase requests, manage receiving all grantees vouchers and following up for payment procedures, submit project payments with complete deliverables and documents for approval.
- Gather and prepare reporting information, including photographs of activities, photos and photo consent forms, and success stories for promotions.
- Verify and maintain current activity archives (paper and electronic) in accordance with the structure outlined.
- Be proactive in bringing issues to the attention of the program manager which might affect the projects, positively or adversely.
- Other duties as assigned. Occasional work beyond office hours may be required, without additional compensation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NA
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Programs Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Coordinates with Mercy Corps program staff, beneficiary populations, and implementing partners, as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in business, economic development, engineering or any other related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in private sector development.
- Knowledge of business plans development is a requirement.
- Understanding of economic development and how sectors/economies function.
- Understanding of the social, political, and economic context of Gaza, with knowledge of Gaza’s employment issues.
- Strong writing and communications skills in both Arabic and English.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical and ability to think critically and quickly.
- Ability to understand and structure business incentives.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time and organizational management skills;
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline;
- Keep up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a one page cover letter and their CV by e-mail to
no later than Tuesday, 12 September 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate in the email subject; Business Development Assistant.
No application will be accepted if the email subject is not mentioned in the email subject line.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً