Job Title: Finance and Procurement Assistant
Duty station: Shu’fat
Duration/ Contract Type: Full time, open-ended.
Working Days : Mon- Friday
Closing Date: 10th September 2017
Start Date : as soon as possible
About DanChurchAid (DCA):
DanChurchAid (DCA) was established in 1922 in Denmark as an independent non-profit organization aimed at supporting the world’s poorest people. It is rooted in the Danish National Evangelical Lutheran Church and is a member of Action by Churches Together (ACT) Alliance. Today DCA is one of the major Danish humanitarian organizations working with local partners, international networks, churches and non-religious civil organizations to assist the poorest of the poor.
DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian ChurchAid (NCA) work together in Palestine office under a Joint country program starting June 2016 with DCA lead.
DCA/ NCA is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of “Finance and Procurement assistant” based in its office in Shu’fat.
Main tasks for the position:
- Prepare payments for Country office expenses and ensure that related supporting documents are available as per DCA policies
- Prepare vouchers and issue checks/ transfer for payment settlements.
- Be responsible of bookkeeping and ensure that it is done timely in the system
- Maintain healthy fund balances in the bank accounts.
- Hold the custody of the Petty cash , ensure the timely transactions for cash movement and replenishment of balance
- Follow up with vendors/suppliers/ service providers to collect receipts / confirmation of DCA payment
- Responsible of Country Office Contracts: renewal, payments due …: Rent, legal advisor, payroll advisor, IT, cleaners etc.…
- Responsible of monthly vouchers filling and ensure that all relevant documents for each journal is in place
- Follow up with Local authorities / ministries i.e. collection of tax exemption, income tax, VAT , submission of annual report, signatures renewal …
- Prepare monthly, quarterly or annual reports preparation for Country Office Running Cost.
- Assist “Finance/ HR officer” in preparing Country office Budget .
- Be in charge of self-implemented projects and follow up with program officer for DCA activities, budget preparation, Partner Budget, setting up project in DCA FIS , transfer of payment, reporting, audits ….
- Assist procurement in conducting monitoring visits with partners, in collecting offers, preparing Notes to file, preparing tender documents , assessing partners procurement …
- Assist Finance Officers in conducting monitoring visits, preparing partners budgets, assessing partner’s capacity, preparing material for training, kick off workshop, review of partner’s audit, prepare reports as per DCA / donor guidelines …
Key qualifications / Experience expected:
- BA degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in similar fields and experience working with international Organizations.
- Fluent command of verbal and written English and Hebrew.
- Computer literate, including Excel, word,
- Ability to travel in the country, preference for a valid driving license.
- Sense for quality in the work.
- Be solution-oriented.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and able to organise work independently as well as be willing to work within a team.
To apply for this position:
Applicants should send their CV with two traceable references of previous supervisors, and a cover letter that includes justification of interest in this post to the following e-mail address:
no later than the 10th , September 2017. Please write “Application –FO/PO assistant” in the email subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Note that all interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً