Ahil Arab Hospital (AAH) is a local health not for profit organization, providing health care for all Gaza residents. Further, AAH implements several health projects to support marginalized communities in particular women and children. AAH operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
Ahli Arab Hospital is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Project Coordinator/ Librarian for a funded project spanning a total of 6 months period at the first stage (extendable). The Project Coordinator will support the Project Manager of all project activities and staff.
ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and arrange access with similar medical MIS libraries either nationally, regionally or internationally.
- Coordinate and arrange for conferences.
- Oversee holdings maintenance of Online Computer Library Center system.
- Review online databases and new materials for acquisition.
- Manage new e-books and weekly/monthly displays and bulletin boards. Supervise weeding of outdated materials and inventory.
- Teach information literacy and research classes as well as maintain current knowledge and practices regarding information literacy required professional associations.
- Maintain open membership and communication with professional organizations necessary to the success and advancement of services provided in the center.
- Support program manager in the implementation, supervision, monitoring, communication, coordination, evaluation, documentation and logistics of the various activities that comprise AAH program assuring high quality of delivery.
- Contribute effective relationships and lines of communication with relevant stakeholders, and AAH team members.
- In accordance with a monitoring plan, carry out and fully document program activities, data gathering, and verification in addition to reinforce monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Support the Program Manager in the execution of program to ensure accountability and efficiency.
- Develop evaluation forms to assess and collate feedback from AAH beneficiaries.
- Other duties as assigned. Work beyond office hours may be required, without additional compensation.
- Assist in other MIS activities as required.
The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that work area is in a clean and order manner
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, E-library management, Information Management, English experience and/or training, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
-At least 3 years of experience in a related position of project implementation.
-Knowledge in project management, reporting, coordination and monitoring and evaluation procedures.
-Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
-Strong analytical and reporting skills.
-Proficient knowledge in computer programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and with teams.
To download the application for this position, please Click Here . Please fill in the application and send it with a cover letter and CV to
No later than 12th September 2017 and kindly include your name in the subject line followed by “Project Coordinator/ Librarian”. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
حمّل تطبيق زمن برس مجاناً